FEBRUARY LOOT CRATE AND LEVEL UP: DEAD

A couple of years ago I was struggling to find a unique anniversary gift for the Rogue and after looking at all of the goodies offered on Lootcrate I decided to give it a go. We have been happy about it ever since. Granted The Rogue gets all the t-shirts for his ever growing collection, but I get a good share of the goodies as well. This month’s theme was Dead. Now the Rogue for all of his manliness does not like zombies and he was a little afraid that they would dominate the crate. I am, however a big zombie fan and an even bigger Deadpool fangirl. Luckily we got both.

** Exclusive Deadpool Shirt: Yay Deadpool. The centerpiece when you open the box. Okay, well that and zombies. I squeed and we decided that the Rogue could keep the shirt, but I got little X-force Deadpool for my desk. I love the design on the shirt and it reminded me of Valentine’s Day as my request was to go see Deadpool at our favorite movie theatre and go have Chimichangas after. I seriously love the merc with the mouth. Really happy that a t-shirt is now in every loot crate this year.

** Quantum Mechanix Deadpool Q-Fig Figure: We got the rare X-Force edition of Deadpool. I love the exploding base. As I said this is going on my desk.

*** McFarlane Walking Dead Big Head Figure: There were three possible choices for this Walking Dead construction figure – Rick, Daryl, or Zombie. I am happy that we have Daryl (the best character not in the comics). The oversized head thing is weird and he will probably end up in one of my terrariums, but I still dig it.

***Walking Dead Soap On A Rope: Oh look you can cosplay as Daryl. We will not be doing this. This will not be used in the house or staying in the house. It’s just weird and creepy which is saying something for a horror fan like me.

*** Walking Dead Pin and Magazine: I love that the pins are more lapel pins than the button pins. I think the zombified Loot Crate is kind of adorable. It also unlocks a free Carl Grimes in the Walking Dead: Road to Survival game for your phone which I don’t play…yet. This month’s magazine is chock full of Deadpool, zombie Apocalypse, Walking Dead, and iZombie goodness. So sad we didn’t get the Mega Crate which has a Deadpool Leather Motorcycle Jacket. So cool.

So for an exchange of $13.37 + $6 shipping, we got chock full of dead themed goodness. I am estimating about $40-50 worth of goodies though again you had exclusives so that is hard to put a price on. So far we have been very happy about our loot crates. What’s you think of this month’s Loot Crate if you are a nerdy looter like we are? If you are interested in signing up or just want to learn more, head on over to “Loot crate” . You can use the code “SAVE3” to save $3 off your first box.

Now because I love Loot Crate so much I also do their Level Up Box as well and get a couple of Accessories every month as well. And I love both of these.

*** Cherokee Rose Locket: This Walking Dead locket has a little mirror inside and is based off of something that Daryl once said. “It's a Cherokee Rose. The story is that when American soldiers were moving Indians off their land on the Trail of Tears, the Cherokee mothers were grieving and crying so much 'cause they were losing their little ones along the way from exposure and disease and starvation. A lot of them just disappeared. So the elders, they said a prayer; asked for a sign to uplift the mothers' spirits, give them strength and hope. The next day this rose started to grow where the mothers' tears fell. I'm not fool enough to think there's any flowers blooming for my brother. But I believe this one bloomed for your little girl..” I like the design and like most of the necklaces received it will be worn often.

*** Glow in the Dark Blood Spatter Nail Wraps: I love Espionage Cosmetics and have bought many (Steampunk, Galaxy, MST3K, etc). While I hardly ever have long nails in my every day life as I find it harder to craft and type, I do break these guys out on special occasions. I think I will save these for Halloween since none of my ECCC cosplays would really work with these. Great find though.

Level Up will run you $15, but like Loot Crate you get more happy goodies and I have been happy with it for the last couple of months. Like I said, if you are interested in signing up or just want to learn more, head on over to “Loot crate” . You can use the code “SAVE3” to save $3 off your first box.

Comments

Popular Posts