FANDOM FRIDAY: FICTIONAL WOMANCES

5 Fandom Friday is a series hosted by The Nerdy Girlie and Super Space Chick.This week’s Fandom Friday is all about Womances in honor of Galentine’s Day. What exactly is a womance? Think Bromances but with ladies, though admittedly some of my faves listed below are ones I ship as well. What are your favorite Womancess?

Anne Shirley and Diana Barry (Anne of Green Gables)
Anne and Diana are bosom friends aka BFF’s for life. Growing up I wanted a Diana in my life, to constantly have my back and go on adventures with. They become friends from the moment they meet and I absolutely love them.

Jenny and Vastra (Doctor Who)
Madame Vastra and Jenny are a formidable pair. When Jenny and Madame Vastra first begin their relationship, Jenny was her maid. They then became partners and eventually they fell in love and got married. Their banter between one another is so much fun to watch. They work amazing well together and I watch a spinoff of just them and Strax.

Root and Sameen (Person of Interest)
When Root and Sameen first met, Root tased Shaw, tired her up and threatened to torture her. Thankfully the enemy turned to frenemy then friend and then wanting something more. The pair has amazing chemistry and even though we only got brief glimpses of them for so long, I ship them all the way. My favorite moment is when Root dual wields and Shaw responds with ‘Okay, that was kinda hot’ cause it totally was. Again I would watch an entire show of just Sameen and Shaw taking out bad guys.

Buffy and Willow (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
When I think of besties I immediately think of Willow Rosenberg and Buffy Summers. The reason why buffy has lasted all of these years are because she has the Scoobies and Willow is one of them. They bonded immediately on Buffy’s first day and they have had each other’s backs ever since.

Rory and Lorelai Gilmore (Gilmore Girls)
Who says a mom and daughter cant be the best of friends? While I am still watching Gilmore Girls for the first time this past month, I want their relationship. Growing up I wanted that closeness, that unconditional love with my mom. I am jealous of their womance and super excited to see them return. I better keep watching.

Honorable Mentions:
Monica, Rachel, and Phoebe (Friends), The Rat Queens (Rat Queens), and Sara and the Inquisitor (Dragon Age: Inquisition)

Comments

Popular Posts