31 Days of Halloween: Graveyards

REASON NUMBER TWELVE: GRAVEYARDS

Cemeteries are a beautiful thing. Maybe it is a bit morbid, but I find them exquisite. And yet when I die, I don’t want to be part of one. Weird I know. But I am one of those people that will walk through a cemetery to see the names, say them aloud in my own way remember them. I think they are peaceful and full of such rich history and beautiful monuments. I have been to quite a few cemeteries in my lifetime from Salem to New York, to England and to the top of an old hill in Virginia City, Montana.


For some reason during Halloween it is more okay to go over to cemeteries. Day of the Dead certainly helps, but there are also graveyard tours as well. I’ll get to Dia de los Muertos later, but for now here is a beautiful picture of Highgate Cemetery.

Comments

Popular Posts