WEDNESDAY WHAT IF: FICTIONAL PUB CRAWL

Inspired by the upcoming New Year’s Eve Holiday I present this week’s Wednesday What If. I present to you a fictional pub crawl not unlike the one presented in the film The World’s End. In the film Simon Pegg plays a man named Gary who tracks down his estranged mates from his childhood and persuades them to complete a pub crawl encompassing 12 pubs. What better night to do this than on New Year’s Eve. So I ask you this, dear readers, where would you do your epic night of fictional pub/bar/nightclub crawling? Your choices can be anything from film, tv, and fiction. Miraculously they would all be in the same area and you would immediately be allowed in. So did I miss any place in particular? Have fun. Please share and I will post your link to your answer.


STOP ONE: MACLAREN’S // HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER
This seems like a good place to start. Not only could I get a beer, but since we have to start this night a bit early there are also the wings, a burger, or some fries. Plus it is kind of the perfect happy hour spot and there is a chance that I could chill with Robin, Ted, Barney, Lily, and Marshall.

STOP TWO: LUX // LUCIFER
We’re not ready to go full on quite yet, so again let’s start the evening a bit slow. We are at Lux, one of the most elite piano bars. It’s classy. It’s upscale. And the talented pianist is none other than Lucifer Morningstar. The gin here is top notch, the clientele interesting, and you have to love the piano playing.


STOP THREE: THE DAL RIATA // LOST GIRL
Lux was nice (Has anyone seen Barney? Oh no he was trying to hit on Mazikeen at Lux. *sigh*), but I am ready for another pint and where better to go than The Dál. It’s neutral ground for the Fae, owned and managed by Trick, and frequented by Bo, Kenzi, and Dyson (yay!) so the company will be grand. I figure we can convince them to join us for the rest of the evening. If we are really lucky maybe Trick will show us the Satyr beneath the bar.

STOP FOUR: THE GREEN DRAGON // LORD OF THE RINGS
One of Hobbiton’s finest pubs, I figure we can pick up Merry and Pippin while we are here especially when we remind them that pints may be involved and dancing…possibly some karaoke. If we can all fit in the doorway this might be a great place to take a small breather and have a half pint just so the room stops spinning. Rosie and Sam might have some snacks to munch on as well.


STOP FIVE: STRANGEFELLOWS // TALES FROM THE NIGHTSIDE
Strangefellows is the oldest bar in the world that no one knows about. But hey we know about it. It is located in the Nightside so be wary as we walk over, the taxis like to hunt. It was once called Dies Irae and Avalon and owned by Lilith herself. Why are we here you ask? The current owner Alex Morrisey is a nice enough chap and might give us one on the house.

STOP SIX: MOS EISLEY CANTINA // STAR WARS
Dyson wants to see a band so we’ve made our way to the Cantina. We really like the dive bars don’t we? Figrin D’an and the Modal Nodes are on stage serenading the crowd while the rougher bits of the galaxy are at the bar trying to get a drink. Hey, maybe we can meet Mal here. He’ll either get along with Han or he won’t. The drinks aren’t horrible, but they are not good either. The room is spinning a bit.


STOP SEVEN: CARITAS // ANGEL
I have had enough that I am willing to sing now. Plus I always wanted to hear Kenzi and Bo do a duet since they’ve continued to tag along or you know I really think that Merry and Pippin would be great as well. Lorne would be a fan I am sure. I wonder what I will sing so that Lorne can see into my soul as I sing and lead me on the right path. Karaoke fortune telling = awesome. Oh yeah, I will be singing Devil’s Backbone by the Civil Wars. You think they have that?

STOP EIGHT: PAPA MIDNIGHTS // CONSTANTINE
Somehow my future involved coming to Papa Midnight’s. Lorne figured out what the card was by making the bouncer sing twinkle twinkle little star. How many people are in our group now? Papa Midnight’s is more gothy, but hey they are playing Perfect Circle and look angels and demons all hang out here so it has to be cool. I heard the Scotch is great.


STOP NINE: THE BRONZE // BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER
"The Bronze. It’s the only club worth going to around here. They let anybody in, but it’s still the scene” Dancing. Dancing at the Bronze. Sure it is on the Hellmouth and bands are frequently interrupted, but dancing. Also others can go and play pool. Maybe have some hot cocoas with a monkey. Mostly I am ready to dance my feet off. After I nab a certain blonde vampire.

STOP TEN: VERDANT // ARROW
Continuing our lovely dancing stage of our pub crawl, Oliver Queen’s nightclub is located in an old steel factory. The Arrowcave may or may not be under the club. The dancing is great, the drinks even better. Steve Aoki has been known to play at the club, so maybe we will get lucky.


STOP ELEVEN: PURGATORY // MASS EFFECT 3
With multiple bars, dance floors, and a VIP area this is a great place to start finishing the evening. Its one of the best dance clubs and bars on the Citadel. And when you are fighting the Reapers, sometimes you just need to unwind. You might find a few dancing Asari girls or even Aria since this is now her base of operations. It is fun no matter what, plus have you had some of their drinks?

STOP TWELVE: MILLIWAYS // THE RESTAURANT AT THE END OF THE UNIVERSE
There is only one way to end this epic night at that is at Milliways. The food is the best which is a good thing because we are all probably famished by now. It’s early in the morning and we are at the end of the universe safe in a time bubble. And we have to be impressed with all the jewels hanging about and the bar covered in lizard skins. It’s cheap…only a penny and there is dessert. What a wonderful way to end our epic evening. I am now returning to my bunk where I shall sleep away my hangover for the next week.

Happy New Year everyone!


Comments

Jackie said…
Most clever, ma'am! Purgatory from Mass Effect would be on my list. Perhaps also the Three Broomsticks from Harry Potter, and one (or all) taverns in Skyrim, like the Red Flagon or Candlehearth Hall!
Unknown said…
Love it (: Such a great idea.

Popular Posts