Loot Crate. What exactly is it? Each month they curate a collection of nerdy things fitting a particular theme. March was Titan. Of course E has been playing the hell out of Titanfall and our friend Meghan got us hooked on Attack on Titan (highly recommended) which were two of the main themes. Starting next month I will be a good little nerdy goddess, document our loot, and convince you all to try it for yourselves. Seriously it makes me want to do so many more subscription boxes but I haven’t a clue where to start. Why wouldn’t you do them, a box of goodies sent to your place every month. Whoo hoo.
Anyway, this is what E got for March (All estimations on price are what I could grab from other retailers):
* A Titanfall T-shirt : ooh a shirt that the designers wore in all of those coming soon videos you watched during its Beta release with the figure of a pilot and the silhouette of the Titan. It’s a Respawn/EA and Lootcarte exclusive so E was uber excited. ($20 value though not really cause exclusive)
* Attack on Titan Manga: One of our new obsessions thanks to our friend Meghan. This is the manga that starts it all. For those who haven’t watched the anime (It’s on Netflix) or read the manga. What's left of humanity survives in fear for their lives in this exciting, terrifying new manga that's a number one bestseller in Japan. Humankind is down to just a few thousand people who live in a city surrounded by three concentric walls. The walls protect them from their enemies, the ravenous giants known as the Titans. The Titans appear to have only one purpose: to consume humanity. For one hundred years, what's left of mankind has lived in the city on earth, protected by walls that tower over even the Titans. Untouched by the Titans for a century, humanity has become complacent. But Eren Jaeger has had enough. While his fellow citizens are content to hide, Jaeger has the passion to take action to not only protect the city, but to learn what the Titans actually are. But on his first mission he comes face to face with horrors beyond his imagination... and secrets from his own past that could shift the tides of war. ($11)
* Titanfall Lanyard & Titanfall Strategy Guide: Again E was super excited. As he has been playing Titanfall quite a bit the Strategy Guide was totally worth it and we could always use more lanyards. Plus the lanyard is a custom design based on the console and controller. (Lanyard and Guide ~ $15)
* Attack on Titanfall Magnet : This is seriously awesome. Featuring artwork that has members of the regiment from Attack on Titan attacking a Titan from Titanfall. Beautiful mashup. E was wishing he had more than just a magnet he loved the artwork so much. ($5)
* Attack on Titan Scouting Regiment Wristband: Loot Crate suggested E wear this while thinking of other Looters who got amazing gear as well as they all search for the best gear. Can’t blame them, it is a pretty sweet wristband. And with our new obsession with Attack on Titan oh so fitting to our nerdy collection. ($5)
The crate also came with some candy, a handy guide that talks a little about the month’s theme and the gear that you happily scored, a lootcrate button, and a 30% coupon to some gaming gear. Subscriptions cost about $20 and we looted approximately $50 worth of goodies so well worth your time and money. Also loot! In all for our first box we were pretty psyched and cannot wait for this month’s theme (DRAGON).