5 FANDOM FRIDAY: CHRISTMAS SONGS

5 Fandom Friday is a series hosted by The Nerdy Girlie and Super Space Chick. This week’s Fandom Friday is all about My Favorite Holiday Songs To Spread Cheer. I love Christmas music, so while we still don’t have a tree up (I am waiting for E to come back from his conference in Tokyo), I am totally digging the Christmas mixes on 8tracks. And of course we all know that the best way to spread Christmas Cheer is singing loud for all to hear. How about you? What are your favorite Holiday songs?


“Baby Its Cold Outside”
There are a ton of versions of this song and I kind of love them all, but my favorite in recent years has to be Zooey and Leon Redbone. But I know others have posted that version so I am going to go with my second favorite version which is Nora Jones and Willie Nelson, though the Buble and Idina version is pretty adorable.


“Christmas Wrapping” // The Waitresses
I am not sure why I love this song, but I look forward to it every year. Maybe it is the mention of A&P grocery stores which reminds me of New Jersey. But probably because I have felt like this during the holidays and I love that she makes a love connection at the end of the song.


“Father Christmas” // The Kinks
The Kinks are awesome already and this holiday song proves it. My favorite lines, “But give my daddy a job 'cause he needs one, He's got lots of mouths to feed. But if you've got one I'll have a machine gun, So I can scare all the kids on the street”. It’s a great nontraditional song.


“Winter Song” // Sara Bareilles, Ingrid Michaelson
Sara and Ingrid are two of my favorite artists and I absolutely love the album that this song comes from as one of my go to Christmas albums. The video is cute for it and I completely dig the way their voices sound, the lyrics, and the general peacefulness of it.


“Don’t Shoot me Santa” // The Killers
Another nontraditional favorite, The Killers give me such a unique song and video to match. Sing with me now. “Oh Santa, it’s been a real hard year…”

Comments

Popular Posts