TECH SPPORT FOR MY DAD

Have you tried turning it off and on again? I love my father, but technology is not his best friend. I know I am not the only one who somehow, without realizing it, has become the IT support of your family. My father loves his technology and embraces each new thing whether it is a kindle, a mac, the newest and greatest in tv sets, etc. However, my father also does not know how to use any of it. And actually reading the directions is a wee bit too hard to do. Use a DVD player? Call your daughter. How to scan a photo? Call your daughter. Not sure how to turn the ringer on or off on the cell phone. Yep. Call your daughter.

Today I helped my father with his homework. 

He has been doing a master gardening class at the local university and needed for me to come over and show him how to cut and paste a photo for a homework handout he has to give to everyone in class tomorrow. It’s kind of cute. I never thought I would be the one person in the family that everyone comes to when it comes to the little gadgets we use in everyday life. Especially since I don’t think I am all that tech savvy. Sure I have a computer, a kindle, etc but I couldn’t tell you the specs on any of them other than color maybe.

It’s funny and I know I am not the only one. My generation and those below me are used to this trend amongst our mom, dad and grandparents. And let’s face it, it would be mean not to support them as they probably got you your first computer in the first place. I just wish I was the tech support guru that they think I am. Admittedly it can also can a bit tiresome having to interrupt your weekend schedule to go help though. But I love them and let’s face it they make you feel like a god sometimes when all you did was reset the wifi router, but for them you did something miraculous.

Comments

Popular Posts