GAMER GIRL WEEKEND: HALLOWEEN GAMING

This month’s Read Play Question from Happy Indulgence Books and Read Me Away is all about Halloween. If you enjoy video games like me it’s a great little link up that has a new gaming-related question to answer, you also share a recommendation, and what game you're currently playing. Allons-y!


What game character would you like to be this Halloween?
While I still haven’t a clue what I am going to do for Halloween this year (I am thinking Star Trek lady, Voodoo Doll, and possibly fawn girl) as I have been so busy I haven’t even looked at my sewing machine in the past two months (there goes that achievement for October), I always have my wishlist which usually begins at Halloween and then continues with a mad dash for competition before a con a few months later.

I have always wanted to do an Alice costume. Loved the game when I was in University though I have not played the recent console version. I just dig the whole gothic Lolita thing she has going on here. Plus I wouldn’t have to do a wig if I didn’t want to. For a costume, it is fairly simple and I just love the idea of having a little bit of wicked in there.

Now if I was a cosplaying goddess, I think I would have to choose either the Awoken Queen from Destiny as a recent choice (Love the collar) or Morrigan from Dragon Age. I know, I know Femme Shep should be in there, but I think the armor might be cumbersome and way too hot when out drinking and making mischief for Halloween. Honorable mentions also go out to: Little Sister from BioShock, Arkham Harley Quinn, Lara Croft 2013, and Dawn from Contrast.

Game Recommendation: Fatal Frame 2
Since this is the Halloween edition, I figure it is only fair to recommend one of the games that scared the bejeezus out of me when I was younger playing it. “Twins Mio and Mayu enter a haunted village after falling under its spell. Mio must follow Mayu with the Camera Obscura to protect her from the evil spirits.”

There is something about being armed with only a camera and your twin sister that just leaves you vulnerable. The story is decent and like all good horror games there is a creeping sense of dread throughout the game. It’s haunting. It’s scary. And I play it only when it is light out.

Currently Playing: Destiny
They may have nerfed my murder Cave, but I am still playing a bit of this every night until Dragon Age comes out. We would be playing Borderlands, but both 360s are a bit on the fritz…enough that I don’t want to risk paying monies for a game we may not be able to play. Will November 18th get here already.

You know I should take a mini break and create a Haunted House in Minecraft just to relax. Ooh that might be fun.

Comments

Popular Posts