+20 TO WILLPOWER: OCTOBER EDITION

I need patterns and routines in certain parts of my life. I also need goals and lists. And possibly Kelly Sue DeConnick telling me to get shit done through text messages (totally worth it ladies ). So inspired by some of the lovely blogging ladies out there who set goals for themselves either weekly or monthly, I have decided to do the same. Not only will be there written proof out here in the interwebs, but I am sure at least one of you good souls will bug me in my everyday life if I don’t (looking at you Maggie).

So here are my goals for the month of September:

1. Sew a Skirt. I have so much fabric, a sewing machine I never use and that should cease. I want to make a fun jersey knit maxi skirt or a circle skirt.

2. Clean out books I don’t want anymore. I love my books, but let’s face it there are a ton of titles I am never going to read again. Between the ARCs, the TBR piles, and such our house is overflowing with books and I really don’t want to buy more shelves for books that will just collect dust. So it is time to go through the piles and either donate or do some buybacks.

3. 30 Day Ab Challenge. I did a plank challenge a couple of months back and I liked it. I tried to do this one last month, but failed when I did not make a habit of it. No excuses this month. Crunches here I come.

4. Buy A Smart Phone. Yep I have resisted this for quite some time. I am not a huge fan of cell phones in the first place and how people spend more time texting and playing games than they do interacting with people at events or you know…life. But it has come to my attention that a “smarty phone” as …. From …. Would say might be a good idea. Not only would it replace my dying camera, it would be a great workout device, I could use square for the geeky business, and a variety of things. It’s time to join the modern age.

5. Go to the Gym 3x a week. This is how habits form and plus if I am paying for the membership and a locker, I might as well be actually using it. Plus endorphins make you happy and happy people don’t shoot their husbands so says Elle.

6. Finish the Craft Room. It has been the junk room for the past six months now and that needs to stop. I need to set up a table, finish the dress form, set up the sewing machine and organize, organize. I have this room. I should really use it. Creative Smirking = Happy Smirking. Plus it means we get the kitchen table back.

7. 1 Box to Goodwill. I collect stuff. Now I am not a hoarder, but there is a lot of stuff that I am never going to use. I have outgrown it, have no idea why I own it in the first place and this will be the first step to unclutter my life. If it doesn’t have a place, it needs to go in the box. Best case scenario Goodwill gets 1 box of goodies, even better scenario they get more than one box and I have more space.

8. Redo the site. I have had this layout for a few years now. It’s not that I don’t love Katee to little pieces, but maybe it is time for a change. After all I finally gave in and got Twitter and Instagram accounts. But I also want to make this more of a priority. I want something a little different.

9. Closet Makeover. There are a lot of clothes that I never wear and my style is changing as well. I would rather have less clothing in our little closet and items that I consistently wear instead of items I haven’t worn in forever…just in case. This however does not count towards the one box to Goodwill.

10. Finish either Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, or Contrast. There are so many games that I have almost played all the way through, but never quite finished. Now that Destiny has eased up my life a little, but I am determined to finish at least one of the above games. I mean I am at least 80% there already. Finish something.

We will meet again on November 1st and see how I did. If I succeed, I get an achievement and am allowed to go treat myself. I think I can do it, though I am starting a bit late.

Comments

Popular Posts