SUNDAY SEVEN: 7 FILMS FOR 2015 (JAN-MAR)

It is now 2015 folks. New adventures and new…MOVIES. I think this year is going to be great. One amazing thing about California is that I will be able to see a lot more of the smaller releases which kinda fills me with joy. So here are seven films that I am looking forward to seeing in the new year. Did I miss anything? What are you looking forward to this year?

Project Almanac // January 30
A group of teens discover secret plans of a time machine, and construct one. However, things start to get out of control. To be honest it looks like The Butterfly Effect all Chronicle style, but I am okay with that. The trailer has piqued my interest.

Seventh Son // February 6th
Based on The Spook's Apprentice, a novel written by Joseph Delaney, this fantasy film stars Ben Barnes in the lead role alongside an evil witch played by the amazing Julianne Moore. The cast assembled is pretty good and I always look forward to a little fantasy now and then.

Jupiter Ascending // February 6th
A space opera from the Wachowski siblings tarring Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis. Delayed a bit longer than I had expected, but each trailer looks more exciting. In short: Kunis is unaware that she is actually the heir to Earth. Cue intergalactic awesomeness, a Queen of the Universe, and Tatum as part dog? I don’t care. I want to watch it.

Chappie // March 6th
Neill Blomkamp (District 9) brings a tale about a robot prodigy who happens to be kidnapped by a couple of monsters and becomes part of a very dysfunctional family. It looks great and will probably make me cry. It also stars High Jackman and Sigourney Weaver.

Cinderella // March 13th
Kenneth Branagh directs this live action Disney princess story with Cate Blanchett who has kitties on leashes, and Lily James (Downton Abbey) as Cinderella. I will always be a Disney fangirl no matter how much I try to stop. I know I will go and see this one.

In the Heart of the Sea // March 13th
Ron Howard directs this film based on the 1820 event that inspired Moby Dick. Basically a whaling ship is preyed upon by a sperm whale, stranding its crew at sea for 90 days, thousands of miles from home. It stars Chris Hemsworth, Cillian Murphy, and Ben Whishaw

Insurgent // March 20th
Beatrice Prior must confront her inner demons and continue her fight against a powerful alliance which threatens to tear her society apart with the help from others on her side. The first trailer had me extremely worried, but the new trailer hopes that they can continue what they started in the last film adaptation.

Comments

Popular Posts