GEEK RECIPES: SLURM AND BACHELOR CHOW



As some of you may know, not only am a pretty big girly geek, but I am also a crafter.  In fact hopefully I will do a crafting corner as well (I make geek themed jewelry, mustache and element pillows, art, etc)  and when I get the occasion to do so for more than myself, I love to cook.  Case in point, last year for the Oscars I made themed food which included a Hawaiian scene made out of various types of fruit.  So I thought Hmm, other geeks may love to cook as well, we just have a geek tinged flavor to it.

My first recipe is in honor of Futurama.  I never really watched it hard core amidst its many resurrections and cancellations, but E convinced me we needed to watch it.  And for the past couple of months we have been slowly watching all of the seasons.  Its a great show (I love Nibbler) and in honor of it I thought I would do a Slurm recipe and Bachelor Chow.

In Futurama Slurm is the drink of the future.  Green colored oozing liquid it is highly addicting, incredibly delicious and most people don’t know where it comes from (a giant slug queen who squirts it out of places you don’t want to know about) And while I didn't find a giant slug queen I did come up with a happy little cocktail that you can drink while watching Futurama.   The second recipe Bachelor Chow is basically Puppy Chow, a favorite snacky type treat of mine.

Enjoy.


SLURM: 

* 1½ oz. Tequila
* ½ oz. sour apple liqueur
* ¼ oz. agave nectar
* 2 oz. lime juice

Combine all ingredients in a shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into your favorite slurm glass.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+


BACHELOR CHOW:
makes 3 pounds


*1/2 cup butter
*1 cup creamy peanut butter
* 1 cup milk chocolate chips
* 1 cup cinnamon or butterscotch chocolate chips
* 1 (17.5 ounce) package crispy corn and rice cereal (aka Chex mix)
* 1 pound confectioners' sugar

Melt the peanut butter with the butter or margarine and the milk chocolate. Pour over the cereal and toss until well coated. Place the coated cereal in a large paper sack then add the confectioners' sugar, fold down the top of the bag and shake to coat.

If you have any recipes you would like to share, please do. 

Comments

Popular Posts