SUNDAY SEVEN: FICTIONAL WARDROBES - FANTASY TV EDITION

I have reached the end of my series of fictional wardrobes I would love to add to my closet. I love clothes. And I love all sorts of types of clothes. Growing up I have never really had just one style. I like a bit of everything. We have tackled historic film and tv, this week we turn back to the small screen and the costumes from fantasy tv. I think this might be my favorite. Next week we will tackle my favorite Celtic legends/fairytales in honor of St Patrick’s Day. Here are my favorites. Whose closet would you raid? Feel like taking part let me know and I am happy to add your link and check your picks out.

The Ladies of Once Upon A Time
Once Upon A Time

I couldn’t choose just one of the fine ladies of Storybrooke’s wardrobe because they are all fantastic. Out of a fairytale really, but that is kind of the point. I love the different inspired by designs, the fabrics, and the various little added touches that really make these outfits one of a kind. Trying to find my favorites was kind of difficult.

Kenzie
Lost Girl

Kenzie makes my inner Goth girl squee in delight. I had many similar pieces when I was younger when I was exploring my style. I still cannot help but love these clothes. I love the colors, the layers, the icons plastered everywhere. And oh my the sleeves, and buckles…sigh, the shoes. Oh and the wigs. That counts as wardrobe pieces right?

Dutch
Killjoys

Killjoys was one of my favorite shows of last year and I love Dutch. I think her outfits just scream strength and femininity. This Sci-Fi fashion wardrobe has influences from a lot of cultures and I really love the cutouts, the jewelry, and the kick ass jackets. I would totally steal her wardrobe.

The Ladies of Shannara
The Chronicles of Shannara

I absolutely love the costumes from this show. I want to cosplay and own them all. Like Thor from last week I absolutely love the feminine mixed with the hard core strength. I also love the layered looks which was great in the show since even though they essentially wore the same outfit all season depending on which layers they wore and what was added or taken away gave you a different outfit. Seriously love all of these looks.

Xena
Xena: Warrior Princess

Speaking of Bad Ass Ladies, Xena is kind of their poster child. I loved watching Xena when I was younger and I always loved the costumes. The great thing about the show is that there were many looks. While Xena may have had her normal bad ass every day wear, sometimes she dressed up. Of course I would also love Xena’s body.

The Ladies of Game of Thrones
Game of Thrones

I couldn’t choose just one ladies outfit. I know this is probably cheating, but have you seen these costumes. I love them all. I was lucky enough to see of the costumes up close when I was in Seattle last year for Emerald City Comic Con and the amount of work that goes into these dresses is insane. I want them all.

Chuck
Pushing Daisies

Pushing Daisies was a great show about Ned and Chuck’s love story. Chuck was dead once, but Ned brought her back, happily ever after ensued. I love her dresses. I would wear these every day. They are so pretty and so colorful. Sigh.

Honorable Mentions: Doctor Who, Firefly, The Originals, The Expanse, Minority Report, Legend of the Seeker, Merlin, and Roar

UPCOMING SUNDAY SEVEN
March 13th: Favorite Celtic Legends (Happy St Patrick’s Day)
March 20th: Film and TV Scores
March 27th : Fairy Tales (3.25 Tolkien Reading Day)
April 3rd: Action Films (In Honor of Hardcore Henry)

Let me know if you have your own list and I would be happy to link you.

Comments

Popular Posts