FALL TV: NEW SHOWS PART 1

One of the great things about Fall is that my favorite TV shows begin again along with some potential new favorites. Though E doesn’t always understand the DVR when we have a perfectly good Netflix, I happen to enjoy being caught up and spoiler free on some of my favorites. Here are some of the new potentials for me and dates for some of my returning favorites.

NEW SHOWS  

Forever (ABC – Sept 23)
The Skinny: Doctor Henry Morgan (Ioan Gruffudd), New York City's star medical examiner, has a secret. He doesn't just study the dead to solve criminal cases, he does it to solve the mystery that has eluded him for 200 years—the answer to his own inexplicable immortality. This long life has given Henry remarkable observation skills which impresses his new partner Detective Jo Martinez (Alana De La Garza). Each week, a new case and their budding friendship will reveal layers of Henry's long and colorful past. Only his best friend and confidant, Abe (Judd Hirsch) knows Henry's secret. Sounds a lot like New Amsterdam I know (which I liked by the way), but I love Ioan (He’s in one of my favorite films Solomon and Gaenor) and I want him do things…on tv, film…I’m not picky.

Gracepoint (FOX - Oct 2)
The Skinny: The inevitable American remake of another Brit show (Broadchurch overseas and I loved it earlier this year), but still starring one of my crushes (David Tennant) so you know I will watch. This 10-part mystery series features Detective Emmett Carver (Tennant), who must figure out who killed a young boy in a sleepy seaside California town.

A to Z (NBC – Oct 2)
The Skinny: "A to Z" tells the story of Andrew (Ben Feldman, "Mad Men," "The Mindy Project") and Zelda (Cristin Milioti, "The Wolf of Wall Street," "How I Met Your Mother") - a pair that almost wasn't - and all that happened from the day they met. Andrew and Zelda will date for eight months, three weeks, five days and one hour. This program is a comprehensive account of their relationship - from "A to Z." It’s a tv version of 500 Days of Summer because this is not about them living happily ever after. Worth a shot. Plus I need more comedies to watch.

Constantine (NBC – Oct 21)
The Skinny: I love Hellblazer and I love me some John Constantine. Based on the comic of the same name it follows Constantine (Matt Ryan) whose soul is damned to hell. He fights to protect innocent people by using his knowledge of the supernatural to send evil back where it belongs. He’s blonde and a brit so that is a step in the right direction. Probably the show I am looking forward to the most so please don’t suck.

State of Affairs (NBC – Nov 17)
The Skinny: Each day the president is faced with dozens of life-and-death decisions, and to prioritize the biggest international crises facing the country, one top CIA analyst - Charleston Tucker (Katherine Heigl, ) - assembles the President's Daily Briefing (PDB). Aside from the political minefields she has to walk, Charlie has a close personal relationship with President Constance Payton (Alfre Woodard) because she was once engaged to her son before a tragic terrorist attack took his life. Charlie survived that attack and is now determined to bring the perpetrators to justice while still protecting the country.

The Flash (CW – Oct 7)
The Skinny: Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) was eleven when his mother was killed and his father was falsely convicted of the murder. Raised by a detective, Barry is now a brilliant CSI investigator. Barry's latest obsession is a particle accelerator, but at the unveiling something goes wrong and Barry wakes up after nine months in a coma to find that he has super speed. If I am going to be a DC gal then the CW is where I will be with Arrow and now the Flash. Sorry Gotham.

So, where is Gotham you ask. Sorry folks I am so not excited for the series. I have tried. Really I have tried. I am going to let Finn watch this one and if it is so awesome that she begs me to watch it then maybe I will give it a try.

Comments

Popular Posts