IF I WENT TO HOGWARTS

In honor of the first day at Hogwarts and perhaps my wish for magic in my life at the moment, I thought I would do a what if today. I know it’s not Wednesday, but I also have not done one in a while. So this week’s prompt is: What if I went to Hogwarts. This is how I think my life would have gone down had I received that elusive letter. What if you went to Hogwarts? Let me know and I will add your link.

My life would be full of Muggles. Sure there are a few magically inclined relatives like my Great Aunt or my Great Great Grandmother, but I do not come from a long line of magic users. My brother and I are however received our letters. He’s a few years younger than me, but what can I say…we just have something magical in us. Isn’t that right bro? But let’s face it my everyday life is rooted in Muggleland. I need my Rat Queens, my Buffy quotes, and my cellphone. After a school year of all things magical I think I would appreciate summers filled with movies, video games, bubble tea parlors, and Legos.

MY HOUSE: RAVENCLAW
Sure being a Gryff would be amazing, but not everyone can be Harry, Hermione, and Ron. I am far more likely to be sorted into either Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. Hufflepuff because I am loyal, patient, and kind. I try to see the best in everyone and one of my biggest merits/flaws is I am a born people pleaser. However, I am also extremely competitive. I am creative and I love learning. Hell, I would be a professional if time and money were not a worry. Plus Ravenclaws are a bit quirky, definitely bibliophiles. While I consider myself fairly sweet, I think the Sorting Hat would say I am too snarky and not as nice as I think. The Rogue would be Slytherin and my brother would so be Gryffindor.

I would probably hang out with a little bit of everyone (though more likely the introverts, the geeks, and the quirky kids). But cross house friendships are a must, the Rogue is Slytherin after all. I would, however, have a small closeknit group of besties.

FAVORITE CLASS: CARE OF MAGICAL CREATURES
Astronomy, Transfiguration, and Potions would be some of my favorite classes. Of course being a Muggle I would kick some serious ass at Muggle Studies. However, above all other classes, the Care of Magical creatures would be my absolute favorite.

QUIDDITCH: FAN
I like sports and while flying might be a blast, this girl is far more likely to be in the stands cheering for my favorite team, wearing their colors and waving pennants.

WAND: CHESTNUT W/PHOENIX FEATHER
Granted the wand chooses you. Who knows what I would pick up at Ollivander’s. however I can dream and speculate that it would perhaps be Chestnut or English Oak perhaps with a Phoenix feather core. Who knows though.


FAVORITE SPELL: ACCIO
There are a lot of spells that I would likely use frequently. Colovaria because you’ve seen that amazing dress, but in the wrong color. Being able to change the color of things would come in handy. Like the boring walls in the apartment you rent, for example. Episky would be great as it heals injuries and I am known to be accident prone on occasion. Having both Expelliarmus and Expecto Patronum spells at the ready is kind of a necessity, plus I should have some non-selfish spells. Lumos will always be important, and I think Mobiliarbus would be used on a daily basis as I can be lazy as all frak. But my favorite spell would be Accio as I am always misplacing things. All of the time.


PATRONUS: FLYING FOX
Yep a bat. Megachiroptera and cute as all hell.

ANIMAL COMPANION: RAVEN
Corvids for the win. I found Macha at the Magical Menagerie when searching for an owl. I walked out with her instead because she was beautiful, intelligent, and we got on just great.

So that is what I imagine my life would be like if I went to Hogwarts. Did I miss anything? What would your choices be? Happy Thursday everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts