THURSDAY CRUSH: WILLOW

Name: Willow Rosenberg
Born: 1982
Played By: Alyson Hannigan
You Know Her From: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Geek Cred: Awesome witch, member of the Scooby Gang

"In every generation one Slayer is born because a bunch of men who died thousands of years ago made up that rule. They were powerful men. This woman is more powerful than all of them combined." – Buffy Summers about Willow


I will always be a Buffy fan, this is true. But there is one character that I really related to...Willow Rosenberg. She was the shy, geeky nerd girl with an affinity for computers who befriended the new girl, Buffy who may have been just a little odd to everyone else. I wanted Willow to be my friend. She’s Buffy’s best gal pal and part of the uberforce that is the Scooby Gang.Later she became a hella powerful witch, grew into a fantastic woman and well I just love her to pieces.

Willow was also one of the characters who has really grown in the Buffyverse. She found her own path, kicked just as much ass and save for that whole Dark Willow bit was always the happy and hopeful shining light.

I think I first started crushing on Miss Rosenberg after the Halloween episode. She wanted to go as a ghost, sheet and all, because she was too afraid to go as anything else. But she finds her footing in this episode. And dear god Aly, your abs. If you have seen the episode, you all know what I am talking about. Plus maybe I have always had a soft spot for gingers.

Buffy was always powerful, but Willow came into her own. In fact she is now the most powerful witch in this dimension. She wasn’t the shy, I see you have seen the softer side of Sears, awkward young woman. Oh she is still adorable and lovable and I want to hug her to pieces, but also like River she might be able to kill me with her brain.

She is the Kitty Pryde for the Scooby Gang and I will probably keep crushing on her long into my years. Red you re amazing.

"Once you fall for Willow, you stay fallen." -- Buffy


Comments

ARS said…
You are spot on. The Dark Willow storyline is one I love and one that tears my heart out. The way they end that with Buffy out of the picture and Xander facing her down was a great moment in the series. It was one of the better season ending for the show.

Popular Posts