Ex Machina: Volume 2

Ex Machina Volume 2
(Tag)
By: Brian K Vaughan
Illustrated By: Tony Harris
Paperback: 128 pages
Publisher: Wildstorm
Language: English
October 2005, $12.99
Genre: Comic/Graphic Novel

Retired super-hero and current New York City Mayor Mitchell Hundred makes the most controversial decision of his political career. As the mayor's administration deals with the fallout, a supernatural terror stalks the subways beneath Manhattan. What connection does this mysterious new threat have to do with Hundred's past as the heroic Great machine? This second volume of the critically acclaimed series collects the GLAAD Award-nominated TAG story arc from issues 6-10. Written by Wizard top ten creator Brian K. Vaughan (Y: The Last Man) with art by Eisner Award-winning artist Tony Harris (Starman), this book also features an introduction by the Wachowski Brothers!

+++++++++++++

After a brief non book few weeks, I finally started picking things up again and I decided that Ex Machina was a good place to start. I really enjoyed the first volume and I have been hearting Brian K Vaughan for some time. This time around Mitchell Hundred tackles gay marriage, addresses an old friend and has to deal with a murderer. There is enough wit, intelligence, action, humor, drama and politics to make me a happy girl and I wasn’t disappointed with the second volume which is shaping up to be an excellent series overall.

I think one of the things I really enjoy about this series is that I like Hundred. He goes after issues that others wouldn’t dare touch because of the political fallout. He doesn’t care. He believes what he believes and isn’t afraid to speak out on behalf of those beliefs. Sadly, he is not like most of the politicians we encounter in this day and age. But more than that he is a good character. He wants to save the world, even in his own little ways. There is more to each of the stories that what you immediately see. Vaughan does a great job of writing tragedy as much as he does comedy along with the thrills and action I enjoy. I loved the strange deaths that were connected to Mitch’s symbol and I hope to see more exploration of it.

Another great volume.

3.5 out of 4 happy bibliosnark bookmarks

Have your own review? Let me know and I will post it.

Comments

Popular Posts