BIBLIOSNARK MONTH IN REVIEW - JANUARY

Total number of books read: 7
Number of pages read: 1412
Books Read:
1. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
2. Backup by Jim Butcher
3. The Reach by Nate Kenyon
4. Crossing Midnight Volume 1 by Mike Carey
5. Fables: Volume 2 by Bill Willingham
6. Guilty Pleasures Volume 1 by Laurell K Hamilton/Stacie Ritchie
7. The Ghost in Love by Jonathan Carroll

Authors
Male: 6
Female: 1

Last book bought: Postcards: True Stories that Never Happened Edited by Jason Rodriguez. I picked this up because Tony, a friend of mine did the illustrations for one of the stories. Plus I love the idea of taking old postcards and then creating a story around both the picture and the note on the other side. Haven’t read it yet, but I will of course let you know how it is when I have.

Favorite Book: The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. Not only did it win the Newberry but it is also being made into a film which will be directed by one of my favorite directors Neil Jordan. Cannot wait. Truly a brilliant book if you haven’t read it yet.

Bookish Ponderings: I am thinking about hosting a challenge, something along the lines of ‘The Other Side of Fantasy’ where people are reading some urban or contemporary fantasy that does not feature a snarky heroine with swords/superpowers/guns who has to choose between a vampire or a shapeshifter when it comes to her lovelife. This is the result of conversations had at work where urban fantasy is relegated to Laurell K Hamilton and such. Oh but there is so much more. There are authors like Charles de Lint, Neil Gaiman, Martin Millar, Simon R Green, Emma Bull, China Meiville and more. What do you think? Good idea?

Comments

Maria said…
I like the idea of the challenge and would participate. You would probably have to come up with the list of these non-standard reads, because sadly they can be pretty hard to find sometimes.
Maria: Yeah. I would come up with a list of non-standard reads and people would free to choose their own as well. Of course a challenge also helps me push through some of my TBR piles which are indeed taking over my home. *grin*

Popular Posts