So I read 75 books last year. Not too horrible considering I finished up a degree, worked far too many hours, moved and then in a fit of insanity decided to have two retail jobs during the holiday season. *grin* So, this year I have decided to join the challenge fever that seems to be spreading. I have two thus far though I am sure I will want to do more if but to try and reach my goal of 109 in 2009.
The Challenge: The Sci Fi Experience
Sponsored By: Carl
When: January 1st through February 28th, 2009
How: Read some Sci-fi in the next two months
Why I am Doing It: I am not a big sci-fi fan as a rule when it comes to books, the same would go for high fantasy. I have read a few sure, but my most read genre is urban fantasy. So I thought I would try and read some books I wouldn't normally read or re-read ones I already love in hopes that it will get me in the mood and I will expand my reading horizons this year.
My Book List Thus Far:
The Electric Church by Jeff Somers
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
The Challenge: What's In a Name 2
Sponsored By: Annie
When: January 1st through December 31st, 2009
How: Choose one book from each of the following categories. 1. A book with a "profession" in its title. 2. A book with a "time of day" in its title. 3. A book with a "relative" in its title. 4. A book with a "body part" in its title. 5. A book with a "building" in its title. 6. A book with a "medical condition" in its title.
Why I am Doing It: Too fun to pass up
My Book List:
1. The Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie (Gun Seller = Profession, right? Plus Hugh Laurie. Bound to entertain.)
2. The Happy Hour of the Damned by Mark Henry (Happy Hour is a time of day as far as I am concerned. Bring on the refreshments and snark)
3. Only Begotten Daughter by James Morrow
4. Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs
5. Whitechapel Gods by SM Peters
6. Heartsick by Chelsea Cain (The first novel about a female serial killer that Stephen King put in his faves for the year. I will give it a go.)
Though I may find more for the challenge as the year goes on.
365 Photo, week 33/52
3 hours ago