Book Meme: Nearest Book

Not sure where they got this, but this was sent to me via email and I thought I would give it a go. Shiny gold star to the individual who came up with it. I am a sucker for memes sometimes.

* Grab the nearest book.
* Open it to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
* Don’t dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST.

My result: I snorted. "You want me to tell you that it's because in our secret hearts, we long to be heroes? Or that deep down, there's something in us that cries out for humanity, for redemption?" I shook my head and smiled at him, showing teeth. "At the end of the day? Because we don't like competition." -- Backup by Jim Butcher. Okay so its more than a sentence, though the 'I snorted' was pretty funny.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love this meme, I saw it on Facebook a while back but I've snagged it again for the blog :)
Cara said…
That's fun! I should give it a try too. Let's see....

Popular Posts