R.I.P. Harold Ramis

Last night as E and I chilled, we watched Stripes and I realized how much I love that film. Now yesterday I discover that the world is a lot less funny.

Harold Ramis, writer/director/actor and all around funny guy (who also starred in and wrote Stripes) died from complications related to auto-immune inflammatory vasculitis which he had been battling for a while now.


[Source : MegaCynic]

Egon. Egon is no more. Le Sigh. This picture sums it up for me.

Harold Ramis played an important part of childhood. He wrote gems like "National Lampoon's Animal House" and "Caddyshack”, but also "Meatballs," "Stripes," and "Back to School”. Not to mention two of my favorite movies ever, “Groundhog Day” and “Ghostbusters”. How could I not love Egon Spengler. His snarky little one liners made the Smirking Revenge happy. He was the brains, the Q of the group with his gadgets and probably my favorite.

Ramis was also part of the Second City improve comedy troupe which featured the likes of John Candy, Eugene Levy, and Catherine O’Hara to name a few. The TV version of that in SCTV was also highly prized in my house growing up. And in 1978 there was Animal House. Ugh. The impact that guy had on my laughter growing up. Harold Ramis you will be missed.

I am going to go watch Ghostbusters now and make a Slimer felt badge as I sniffle and then laugh. Because that’s what Ramis did best, made me laugh.

Comments

Popular Posts