Feast of Fools

Feast of Fools
(Book 4 of the Morganville Vampires)
Written by: Rachel Caine
Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Signet
Language: English
June 2008, $5.99
Genre: Urban Fantasy/Young Adult

The wait is over. dig into the feast...

In the town of Morganville, vampires and humans live in relative peace. Student Claire Danvers has never been convinced, though—especially with the arrival of Mr. Bishop, an ancient, old-school vampire who cares nothing about harmony. What he wants from the town’s living and its dead is unthinkably sinister. It’s only at a formal ball, attended by vampires and their human dates, that Claire realizes the elaborately evil trap he’s set for Morganville.


+++++++++++++

I am a fan of Rachel Caine’s Weather Warden series and when I found out that she did a young adult series about vampires I thought I would give them a go. I am now four books into the series and while it is primarily a young adult series it’s not bad. It must not be horrid or else I wouldn’t keep buying the books. *smile*

The third installment was largely an exposition novel and frustratingly some of the questions that volume posed were not answered as I would have liked in this fourth installment. But this installment has its moments. Not only is it a bit more tension filled due to Bishop’s arrival and those vampires he brings with them (especially since one of them decides that Shane, Claire’s boyfriend, needs to be a personal pet), but because of the action that happens in the second half of the book.

I like this series of books because of Morganville itself. I like the vampire hierarchy. I like the feudal system that goes on between the vampires and the humans of the small town. Claire is an interesting character and so are her friends. I even love to hate Miss Teen Morganville and her snooty friends. Sure these are mainly for teens, but if you changed Claire’s age and introduced a little TV-MA to the situations you would find it right next to Caine’s Weather Warden series.

Unfortunately you can’t really pick this one up and know what is going on without having read the other three. But they are fun quick reads and I imagine I will probably pick up the fifth book which comes out in January.

3.25 out of 4 happy bibliosnark bookmarks

Comments

thebonebreaker said…
I am not familiar with this series, but it is good to know about! :-)

Thanks for the Review!

Popular Posts